Frequently Asked Questions
For over 125 years our formulas have been specially designed for baby's unique and delicate skin, but our products are also great for kids and adults too! While we recommend a specific age/stage for certain products, any age can enjoy the benefits of our products.Back to top
NO MORE TEARS® products have been rigorously and comprehensively evaluated for safety and mildness including:
- Ingredient and formulation review
- Clinical assessment for ocular irritation
- Clinical review of all data
We do not use numbing agents in any of our products. NO MORE TEARS® products are specially formulated to control the size of the cleansing ingredients. When formulated correctly, the cleansers form a structure too large to penetrate skin or eyes. A simple concept that requires a combination of expertise and the best ingredients to get just right.Back to top
JOHNSON’S® fragrances are stringently tested and follow the strict standards of the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) Only 25% of the typical toolbox of fragrance ingredients are suitable for, and meet our safety standards for use in our gentle baby products.Back to top
Yes. Our products either have a best before date or a period of time after opening that they can be used before expiring. The best before date is printed on pack as “Best used before the end of printed expiry date.” Then on the bottle you will be able to find the "[Month + Year]” that it expires. For products that are best used within a certain timeframe after opening, you will see a jar shaped “Period After Opening” symbol on pack including the number of months the product will last after being opened. Following these best used before guidelines will ensure you have the best possible experience with our products.Back to top
Johnson & Johnson Consumer does not test cosmetic or personal care products on animals anywhere in the world, except in rare situations where required by law or where alternatives to validate safety do not exist.
We share our consumers’ values and understand how deeply they care about the well-being of animals, so we are always striving to do better when it comes to this important issue.
By partnering with top research organizations around the world to develop and promote alternative non-animal testing technology, we are committed to both ensuring the safety of our consumers, and to making the strides necessary to forever eliminate the need to test any cosmetic or personal care product or ingredient on an animal.Back to top
Babies’ development is influenced by the world they live and grow up in, so our formulas are carefully crafted to be gentle on the environment.
- We prioritize using ingredients that are not harmful to aquatic life and ecosystems.
- We use a patented system to help us formulate products that are non-toxic and do not bioaccumulate in the environment.
- We moved to more efficient processes that we estimate will reduce water usage at our owned manufacturing sites by about 20%.
- We continue to push ourselves to improve our environmental stewardship, and meet ever-higher goals to be more gentle on the environment.
We collaborated with over 25,000 parents to help shape and refine our products, and packaging design. We used their feedback to create even gentler products that help parents bond with their baby during those special moments– from bathtime fun to bedtime snuggles. Because it’s not only about the science; we also care about what you think. Finally, parents told us 'less is more’, so we challenged ourselves to be even more choiceful and carefully evaluated each ingredient in our beloved formulas– nothing was sacred!Back to top
Cosmetic talc is, and always has been, safe for use, and that is the most important guiding principle for every product we offer. Baby Powder made from cosmetic talc is one of JOHNSON’S® most trusted products and a longtime part of baby care rituals. The safety of cosmetic talc is based on a long history of safe use and decades of research by independent researchers and scientific review boards. Cosmetic talc is accepted as safe for use in cosmetic and personal care products in the U.S., the European Union, Canada and many other countries around the world. Our sources for talc undergo comprehensive qualification and are routinely evaluated using a sophisticated battery of tests designed to ensure quality, safety, and compliance with all global standards.Back to top
As of February 2019, we improved inside and out!
- Globally we reduced our ingredient list by up to 50%*
- We use more naturally-derived oils, like coconut and cottonseed, in conditioners and moisturisers
- We also use more ingredients of natural origin without compromising on ingredients that make our products safe and gentle for your baby
- While our products have been free from parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives for many years, due to our ongoing reformulation process now all our washes, shampoos, lotions and creams are without sulphates and dyes**
- The fragrances we use in our products are carefully selected for use on babies' delicate skin and are free from known fragrance allergens***
- We simplified our approach to graphics and package design
- We added clear iconography to explain which products are best for babies at specific ages and stages
- We created softer, more comfortable easy-to-grip bottles with one-handed pumps
- Since we have removed dyes** from our products, we have colour coded our bottles for easy reference while shopping
*Based on global portfolio product reformulations
**Excluding honey soap
**** Below labelling defined by opinions of the European Commission’s Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety