JOHNSON’S® Baby Mums’ Midwife of the Year Award 2014-15
Terms & Conditions
and disclosure of information that you may submit via the nomination form. This information is
before using or submitting information. The personal information you submit is required in order to
administer the competition, for your nomination form to be validated and it may be used to
correctly identify and contact your nominated midwife.
Terms and Conditions
1. Nominations can be made by residents of the UK only, who are aged 18 years or over, except employees and their families of the Organiser, the Royal College of Midwives, their subsidiary companies, their agencies and anyone professionally connected with the competition. Only one nomination may be made per nominator.
2. No purchase necessary for entry into the competition. Entries received after the relevant closing date will not be accepted. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative for the prizes. The Judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
3. To submit a nomination, nominators must complete the nomination form accessible at http://www.johnsonsbaby.co.uk/midwifeoftheyear in full and submit the form by 23.59 on 22 September 2014 (“the Closing Date”). The following criteria must be met in order to submit a nomination:
3.1 The nominator’s baby must have been born between (or in the case of a pregnancy ending in loss, the date of pregnancy loss must have been between) 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014 inclusive;
3.2 The nominator’s baby has to have been born (or in the case of a pregnancy ending in loss, the relevant midwifery care has to have taken place) in the UK;
3.3 Nominator must be able to complete all the mandatory fields in the nomination form; and
3.4 Nominator must be willing to share their story for PR purposes related to the award only, for example in national and regional media, and healthcare professional media, and on the JOHNSON’S® Baby website
4. The nominations will be judged by a panel of qualified midwives from the Royal College of Midwives, plus representatives from the Organiser (“the Judging Panel”). Each nomination will be scored by at least 3 separate judges, of whom 2 will be midwives. Names of the judges can be obtained by entrants by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a
stamped, addressed envelope to Johnson’s Baby HCP team, Red, 41-44 Great Windmill Street, London W1D 7NF, within 3 months of the Closing Date. In the first instance, nominations will be judged against a set of pre-agreed criteria with the highest eight scorers from each identified UK region being shortlisted. The Organiser reserves the right to change the number of shortlisted candidates in the event circumstances dictate, acting reasonably and in good faith. The regions complement the English regions and devolved administration countries and are as follows =
4.1 London and South East (South East Coast, London, East of England)
4.2 South and Midlands (South Central, South West, West Midlands)
4.3 North England (North East, North West, East Midlands, Yorkshire and Humber)
4.6 Northern Ireland
5. A midwife who has not been involved in the short-listing process will review a selection of nominations from each area to verify that entries are being marked equally by different teams of markers. The Judging Panel will then review all 48 shortlisted entries to determine six regional winners of which one will be chosen to be the overall national winner. A total of seven award trophies will be provided (six regional winners and one national winner).
6. Before they can proceed to the regional winner selection stage, shortlisted midwives must:
6.1 be a qualified NHS midwife with current intention to practice on the NMC register;
6.2 confirm in writing that they are happy to take part in the JOHNSON’S® Baby Mums’ Midwife of the Year Award, including being bound by these Terms and Conditions and allowing the Organiser to share their image and story for PR purposes related to the award only, for example in national and regional media, and healthcare professional media, and on the JOHNSON’S® Baby website; and
6.3 it must be confirmed that there are no legal/professional conduct issues pending against them.
7. The Judging Panel retains sole discretion to withhold entry and/or award entitlement without liability if in its view the nominator and/or candidate is ineligible, the submission is invalid or the nominator and/or candidate does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions.
8. If a nominator and/or their candidate cannot be contacted within seven days of the date of selection of the winner(s), or if the selected candidate is not willing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, the Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to award the prize to a substitute winner selected at the same time as the original.
9. Shortlisted entries will be judged by the following set judging criteria, as developed by the Royal College of Midwives. Each criterion will be assessed against a sliding scale. The Judging criteria are:
9.1 Did she / he demonstrate support for strengthening the bond between mother and baby
9.2 Did she / he demonstrate best practice in looking after the mother
9.3 Did she / he demonstrate best practice in helping the mother to feel involved and in control
9.4 Did she / he provide the mother with the support she needs to cope with the situation
9.5 Did she / he demonstrate support for the mother’s emotional care
To help us to quantify the scores, judges will be asked to score each of the above criteria 1-7 as below: Strongly agree; agree; slightly agree; neither agree nor disagree; slightly disagree; disagree; or strongly disagree.
10. Each of the six regional winners will receive an invitation to attend an award-giving ceremony (“the Awards Event”) that will be part of the Royal College of Midwives Annual Midwifery Awards in London in March 2015. Each will receive a trophy and return same day economy travel from their home town to London for the day of the Awards Event. The Organiser will not pay for travel or accommodation for guests of the regional winners. An additional national trophy will be awarded to the overall winner of the Mums’ Midwife of the Year Award at the Awards Event.
11. Each of the mums who nominated the six winning regional midwives (and their babies) will receive an invitation to attend the Awards Event, plus return the same day economy travel from
their home town to London will be provided for the day of the Awards Event. The Organiser will not pay for travel or accommodation for guests of the mums.
12. At the Organiser’s discretion another award or prize of equivalent or greater value may be substituted if in all reasonable circumstances the Organiser is unable to offer the intended award(s)/ prize(s).
13. The Organiser reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
14. Nominators will be notified by e-mail, post or phone before January 31st 2015 if their candidate has been selected as a regional winner.
15. Nominators and regional winners agree to sign any reasonable documents necessary to assign, at no charge or cost, all right title and interest in the copyright and any other intellectual property rights in any materials created for the purposes of PR in relation to this competition to the Organiser. Nominators and regional winners agree that they shall be given the opportunity to take part in publicity and marketing events associated with the competition, and agree to do so without payment.
16. Details and content pertaining to nominators and regional winners may be retained by the Organiser, its agent and the Royal College of Midwives and may be used for a variety of purposes:
16.1 for the purpose of administering the competition; and
16.2 photos and images of the nominators and regional winners will be used by the Organiser and its agent for marketing and PR purposes, for example in national and regional media, and healthcare professional media, and on the JOHNSON’S® Baby website.
17. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries invalidated by technical problems beyond the control of the Organiser or problems with accessing the website.
18. All internet connection charges shall be the entrant’s responsibility.
19. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organiser excludes all liability whatsoever to nominators and candidates in relation to the competition, Awards, Event and the prizes to be awarded.
20. By participating in the competition all participants, including nominators and winners, are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
21. The Organiser and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Organiser is: Johnson & Johnson Limited, Foundation Park, Roxborough Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3UG.