While most toddlers have learned to sleep through the night, changes and stressful events such as switching from the cot to bed at too early an age, a trip or illness may cause temporary setbacks.
To ensure your toddler gets the rest and sleep he needs follow these bedtime tips:
1. Set a regular sleep schedule for naptime and bedtime (avoid naptime in the late afternoon)
2. Establish a 20- to 45-minute bedtime routine to help him wind down and relax
3. Provide a soothing surrounding that is dark, cool and quiet
4. Your child should be drowsy but awake when going to bed
5. Save his favourite bedtime activity for last