1. Provide Reassurance. As this is a convenient alternative solution to top & tailing, use a changing mat or towel to rest the baby on. If you have the time take a few minutes to talk to your baby and provide reassurance. Now undress your baby.
2. Eyes. Holding your baby's head, start by using the washcloth to gently wipe around each eye. Wipe from the inside corner of the eye, outward. If there is no crust (dried mucus), the eye area does not need to be cleaned. Do not use the washcloth for the eye itself.
3. Face. With the washcloth wipe around your baby's mouth, nose and whole face, working outward from the middle. Focus on areas behind the ears, under the chin and creases in the neck. Remember; never put anything into the ear canal or nose.
4. Body arms and legs. Gently wipe the baby’s body, arms and legs using the washcloth.
5. Nappy Area. Wipe the nappy area using the washcloth: for a baby girl, just wipe the area gently from front to back. For an uncircumcised boy, wash the penis and genital area, avoiding pulling back the foreskin, and also wipe front to back.
6. Protection. Before dressing your baby, you can apply mild baby skin care products to moisturise the skin and keep him comfortable. JOHNSON'S® TOP-TO-TOE ® Baby Massage Lotion gently moisturises and protects delicate skin. It's also a good idea to use a barrier cream on the nappy area to protect against the causes of nappy rash. JOHNSON'S® Baby 3 in 1 Nappy Care Cream provides mild & gentle protection.
7. Dressing. Now dress your baby, hold your baby close and enjoy your time together.